Tuesday 13 December 2011

Introducing Vinyltage

Hi there folks!

I am Ian and I am a DJ (BitchMixer) and Vinyl collector in my spare time. Music is really my kind a thing to keep myself busy. My main preference is electronic music, other styles like Ska, Latin, Rock and Soul are also much appreciated. This blog will be my spot to share experiences, talk about music, review new stuff and Vinyl. 

Currently I live in Antwerp, Belgium. Yes that’s right! An excellent location surrounded with the best dance scenes. We have the harder styles and “Dutch/Dirty house” from the Netherlands, Techno and Minimal from Germany, the French house scene from France and the Dubstep/DnB scene from the UK. This results in an interesting mix of styles and influences in one small country. 

I have been playing records in my bedroom since I am 14 years old. Bought myself back then my first turntables and started spinning records. When I reached the age of 21 I started using Serato scratch live. When I go out to play I drag along my laptop and my Serato scratch.  My Vinyl records stay safe at home.  Scratch live was a good invention for me because it satisfies my need for “Vinyl Feeling” but also makes my collection “Portable” to drag along.

Despite my switch from vinyl to the digital world I still keep on expanding my collection.  These days a lot of people switched to the digital solution for DJ’ing, this creates a big amount of second hand records that are unused. The result? Golden second hand deals! For me there is nothing better than being able to play with real vinyl records. It has this special feeling and has a vintage touch.

So, you collect vinyl records but actually you only play them at home? Yes indeed! It is a hobby like any other. There is nothing more charming then having a vinyl collection and play those records on a turntable compared to the hard disk which hold all music.

For the fellow Vinyl collectors, I guess you people know Discogs – if not, please take a look at it – the most complete music database supported by a big community of music freaks. You guys can find me there as the user PunkDudez. This is also my main platform to find second hand records.

This was a small introduction of me and my interests. I hope you enjoy reading my posts in the future and if any questions or comments, please feel free to contact me on my email or Facebook.

Email: Iansegers@gmail.com
Facebook: Use email

No comments:

Post a Comment